Are you a natural organizer with a passion for science?
Delft, The Netherlands
Vitrotem is looking for a detail-oriented production manager to coordinate our fabrication team making high-end graphene consumables for our customers.
Vitrotem is a Delft-based deep tech company. We are bringing to market our Naiad-1 system to help researchers prepare their samples for electron microscopy. Specifically, the Naiad-1 automates the fabrication of graphene liquid cells, an innovate type of sample that allows researchers to image living, dynamic samples down to the atomic level. Applied in biology, materials science and medical research, graphene liquid cells help with the images of viruses, proteins, catalysts and much more.
Based in the Netherlands, Vitrotem has an office at the Amsterdam Science Park as well as a production facility at the Delft Biotech Campus. Our customers work at renowned research centres across the world. Working at Vitrotem means you will be part of an inspiring and committed team of international colleagues.
We are looking for an independent and people-oriented manager for our graphene fabrication and consumables production process. The fabrication team works on high-end materials that meet demanding standards of cleanliness and precision. Working closely with management, the production manager will both coordinate and be a hands-on member of the production team working in our facility and in the clean room of the Kavli-lab of Delft University. You will manage the processing of incoming orders, oversee the quality of outgoing products and ensure the laboratory staff have everything they need to make it happen. Where you see room for improvement to increase our customer appreciation of our products, you are highly encouraged to start the conversation.
Your key responsibilities are
- Coordinating and supervising the production and analysis of Vitrotem consumables
- Actively engage in the production process (“meewerkend voorman/-vrouw”)
- Safeguard the continuity of knowledge transfer in our fast expanding team
- Assure the constant quality of Vitrotem consumables
- Implement feedback and needs communicated by our scientific customers
- Administration and oversight of the laboratory
- Contribute to a safe environment and keeping up the safety standards of our work force
- Coordinating schedules and competences of our production engineers
- Minimum experience of two years working in a laboratory environment
- Scientific/analytic background
- Effective communication within a team
- Planning and organization
- HBO/Bachelor/Master in Natural sciences, Applied sciences or Laboratory Management
- Excellent English skills both written and oral
- Communicative and skilled in coordinating a team
- Curious with affinity for new technologies
- Able to work independently
- A critical thinker not afraid to state where you see room for improvement
- Salary indication: EUR 4.200 to EUR 5.000 per month, dependent on experience
- A people-first team culture
- An inspiring working environment with international colleagues
- Plan your own work week
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commitment to an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere to all
We look forward to your application. Please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com, to the attention of Pauline van Deursen.
Acquisition calls by recruitment agencies are not appreciated