Are you an enthusiastic sales professional passionate about working with innovative technology?
Vitrotem is looking for an energetic sales manager to help us accelerate our growth. Vitrotem is a Leiden University spin-off company. We are bringing to market our Naiad-1 system to help researchers prepare their samples for electron microscopy. Specifically, the Naiad-1 automates the fabrication of graphene liquid cells, an innovate type of sample that allows researchers to image living, dynamic samples down to the atomic level. Applied in biology, materials science and medical research, graphene liquid cells help with the images of viruses, proteins, catalysts and much more.
Based in the Netherlands, Vitrotem has an office at the Amsterdam Science Park as well as a laboratory and office at the Delft Biotech Campus. Our international customers work at renowned research centres across the world. Working at Vitrotem means you will be part of an inspiring and committed team of international colleagues.
We are looking for a creative and independent Sales Manager able to help us accelerate our business development and sales. You will be responsible to manage the company’s sales process from generating new leads to closing the deal, working together with our applications scientists. You will play a key role in setting up a proactive sales process. The role requires close contact with external customers and regular international travel, including visits to customers, potential partners as well as industry events and conferences.
Your key responsibilities are
- Drive Sales by staying connected with existing and prospective customers.
- Determine customers’ technical requirements and relay these to Vitrotem’s team.
- Respond timely to customer questions, RFQs and RFIs.
- Develop and maintain, in cooperation with the other members of the Vitrotem team, up to date knowledge of Vitrotem products and their capabilities.
- Conducting market research in the field of electron microscopy sample preparation (specifically, cryo-electron microscopy and liquid phase electron microscopy) and being able to identify various market channels from a product perspective.
- Organize Sales & Marketing activities at relevant events and conferences to increase Vitrotem’s exposure. This includes planning and setting up of demos and/or talks. Be part of the team representing Vitrotem at international conferences and customer visits.
- Work closely with our on-line marketeer to develop and run online campaigns and improve our online presence.
- Minimum experience of two years in sales of instrumentation or other advanced products in Life Sciences and/or Materials Sciences
- Customer focused (scientific/analytics customers)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence business partners
- Planning and organization
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in science & business innovation or applied science- related fields
- Excellent English skills both written and oral
- Concrete experience in Electron Microscopy is a plus
- Outgoing and excited about building relationships with customers
- Proactive and results-driven
- Curious with affinity for new technologies
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- An engaging communicator, who does what she says and says what she does
- Salary indication: EUR 4.200 to EUR 5.000 per month, dependent on experience
- A people-first, team company culture
- An inspiring working environment with international colleagues
- Plan your own work week
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commitment to an inclusive and welcoming atmosphere to all
We look forward to your application. Please send your cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Pauline van Deursen.
Acquisition calls by recruitment agencies are not appreciated